Clandon Park  Guildford, Surrey

A courtyard office development located in Guildford is designed to sit modestly within its rural context whilst retaining the vernacular language of the derelict agricultural buildings it will replace.

The complex is orientated on North / South axis to maximise the benefits of the suns orientation for the open courtyard and minimise the effects of late winter east and west sun into the units. The buildings are positioned to allow visual connectivity between the courtyard and the Clandon parkland.

With a strong emphasis on sustainable design, the development produces much of it own energy, recycles collected rainwater and is constructed from locally sourced materials. Pedestrian and cycle links are improved between the site and surrounding transport hubs.

 

Client: Lord and Lady Onslow
Size: 1700 sq m

Architect: Mackay + Partners

  Return to all Work